Tuesday, May 6, 2008

RUT...RUT....RUT.....

Yep, you guessed it, I am officially in a rut. Baseball has started and we are at one ball park or another 4 days a week and every other weekend. Oh, yeah....I am a mom that has to pull dinner out of her *ss 4 nights a week in less than 15 minutes. I am Rachel Ray on crack!!! I am bored to death with my job. I love learning alot of the legal world, but I am honestly bored to tears. I want to go back to school and get my EMT license and work on one of the local rigs. However, as a low man, I would be working some really odd hours and family is a hard thing to work around. My props to my Gal Pal...Great Lakes Running Gal, she is my hero!! As I know she has done it, is doing it and has accomplished alot.

I am seriously underpaid for what I do here but, I'm sure an EMT makes close to what I do, just crappier hours. So......goes the conflict. Do what I want and have always wanted to do....or continue being this pseudo super mom in a dead end job as a legal secretary day in and day out.

Any comments from my peanut gallery are very welcome.

XO

2 comments:

L*I*S*A said...

Just remember..if mama ain't happy, no one is happy.

I think if you really think this is what you want to do, you'd be selling yourself short to look back and regret not throwing your hat into the ring.

I mean, come on..look at me. Almost 40 and I finally figured out what I want to be when I grow up. :)

Go for it.

Animal said...

You can't define yourself by what you DO. So, if you want a "good job" that pays the bills and lets you be a good mom, keep what you got. If you want a "satisfying career," do what Lisa says: take the plunge, knowing that any hell you have to pay will be impermanent.